Last Updated: 2 May 2018
NCC may, in its sole discretion, permit users of its Platforms to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit content, which may include but is not limited to testimonies, photos, write-ups, videos or links (“User Content”), on its Platforms.
2. Type Of Personal Data Collected
The types of personal data that NCC collects may include your name, residential address, work address, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender, names and ages of children, employment details, nationality, race, identity card number, marital status, and other information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g. emergency contact information).
NCC may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of its Platforms, internet protocol addresses, browser and computer system information, cookies, invisible pixels, web beacons, and aggregated data related to your use of its Platforms.
When you email NCC with personal data for the purpose of receiving any form of assistance from NCC, you agree to allow NCC to collect, use and/or disclose such personal data to facilitate the provision of such assistance to you.
3. Purpose For Collection, Use And Disclosure
NCC respects your privacy. It is NCC’s practice not to ask you for information unless NCC needs and intends to use it. You agree that NCC may collect, store, process, disclose, access, review and/or use personal data about you, whether obtained from you or from other sources, for the purposes set out below and/or any other administrative or operational purposes and/or the purpose of managing your relationship with NCC:
- providing services to you as a member/attendee of NCC;
- sending activation, confirmation, acknowledgement or reminder emails to you whenever you sign up for accounts on the Platforms, when you book, amend or cancel seats through NOAH, or in relation to your general use of any account you have on any of the Platforms;
- sending you invitations to church-wide events;
- enabling you to access or use the Platforms;
- identification, verification and authentication purposes;
- allowing your immediate family members to book seats through NOAH on your behalf;
- allowing you to book Rock Kidz classes for your children;
- allowing you to join a care group or ministry (if you are a standard NOAH account holder);
- sharing your testimonies (if you are a standard NOAH account holder);
- allowing you to manage team members and care group members, and submit attendance information (for church leaders and volunteers);
- allowing you to register or RSVP for events (for church staff, leaders and volunteers);
- processing and responding to queries or requests (including but not limited to prayer and counselling requests) submitted by you;
- processing applications submitted by you;
- sending you marketing emails to events for targeted groups;
- sending you notification emails concerning road closures on service days or change in service venues/times;
- sending you notification SMSes regarding road closures on service days, changes in service venues/times, and/or booking confirmations;
- sending you mail to the postal address provided by you;
- statistical analysis;
- tax filing preparations;
- processing credit notes and processing refunds;
- collection of fees, charges, and expenses for services provided;
- facilitating the making and payment of claims, including payments by cheque, bank transfer or other means;
- carrying out billing, accounting, auditing and the maintenance of proper book-keeping for NCC’s operations and business; and/or
- the disclosure of the relevant books, documents, records and information (in hard or soft copy) to the auditors for the preparation of financial reports; and
- fulfilling any other reasonable purpose which may, in the ultimate discretion of NCC, be necessary.
Personal data collected may be shared with third parties (e.g. vendors) in the following circumstances:
- when NCC has received your consent to do so;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you products or services you desire;
- when it is necessary to disclose such information to NCC’s professional advisers (including without limitation our lawyers, accountants and auditors);
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of NCC (e.g. credit card processing, customer support, online ticketing and registration, and online marketing services) require such information;
- in the event that NOAH is merged or acquired by another entity;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law; and
- in cases of emergency where disclosure is required to safeguard the life or health of an individual.
Examples of third parties include but are not limited to:
- NCC’s SMS notification service provider;
- NCC’s technical helpline service provider (external call centre);
- event vendors (e.g. when users sign up for camps via NOAH, limited information about camp attendees may be given to vendors helping NCC with the camps);
- online ticketing and registration service providers;
- online marketing service providers; and
- payment gateway service providers.
NCC will use its best endeavours to ensure that your personal data is protected by such third parties.
If information is shared as mentioned above, NCC will seek to limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, NCC requires third parties to protect your personal information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
By entering personal data into the Platforms, you are deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for the purposes stated above. You are also deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of any other personal data that is volunteered to NCC, whether via the Platforms or otherwise.
You may withdraw your consent to NCC using or disclosing your personal data except where (1) such use or disclosure is required by law, (2) on national/public interest grounds, (3) the personal data in question was collected from publicly available sources or (4) such use or disclosure is necessary in an emergency where the life or health of a person is at risk.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data at any time. However, this may impact your user experience on the Platforms, as the majority of the services provided rely on the collection, use or disclosure of such information.
6. Access And Updating
NCC encourages users to regularly access, review and update their accounts on the Platforms with accurate and current information. NOAH members may do this online through their NOAH accounts.
7. Deactivation And Retention Of Personal Data
In the event that you ask to deactivate your account on any of the Platforms, or upon being notified of the death of a user, we will make reasonable efforts to remove your / the user’s personal data in NCC’s possession, power or control in a timely manner.
8. Transborder Data Flows
If your personal data is transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore, for instance, if your personal data is required for administrative or operational purposes in other companies within the Group, we will ensure that the recipients thereof provide a standard of protection to your personal data so transferred that is comparable to that which is provided herein.
NCC will maintain reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, modification, or destruction.
11. No Rights Or Obligations Created
While NCC will make all reasonable efforts to store personal data collected by NCC in a secure server and/or secure files and keep such information accurate and up-to-date, please note that the Internet is not a secure medium for the transmission of information. Therefore, NCC cannot accept responsibility for, warranty or guarantee the security of information you send to or receive from NCC over the Internet. To the fullest extent allowed by law, NCC disclaims any responsibility or liability for any claim, damage or loss connected to the loss of or unauthorized use of personal data, whether by unauthorized access to the server or files or otherwise.
12. Contact Us
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Representative
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New Creation Church has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR Representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR:
-by using EDPO’s online request form: https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/
-by writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - UK Representative
Pursuant to Article 27 of the UK GDPR, New Creation Church has appointed EDPO UK Ltd as its UK GDPR representative in the UK. You can contact EDPO UK regarding matters pertaining to the UK GDPR:
- by using EDPO’s online request form: https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-data-request/
- by writing to EDPO UK at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom